Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Craft Therapy.

So a few days ago I finished one of the projects that I had been working on for 3 weeks, I'm a little hesitant to post the pictures since it's a Christmas present I'm working on, So I'm going to show you another project I started.


Scrapbook paper picture frames.

What you will need: Picture frame ( I got mine for 25 cents from a yard sale)
                                  Scrapbook Paper
                                  Mod Podge ( I made my own)
                                  Paintbrush
                                  Clear Protective Spray ( I used clear spray paint)
                                   Sandpaper
                                  Marker

How to make homemade Mod Podge: All I did for this was mix Elmer's glue with water until I got the consistency I wanted, I like mine a little bit thick.

Directions: Place picture frame onto the white side of the scrapbook paper and trace the outside and inside. Then cut out the tracing.
                   Apply Mod Podge to the white side of the scrapbook paper, then apply to picture frame.
                   Chances are that you are probably going to have scrapbook paper hanging off the sides        a bit, but that's okay that's what the sandpaper is for.
                    Once paper is on the frame, apply another coat of Mod Podge on top of this.
                    Let dry, then add a few more coats of Mod Podge.
                    Once dry, you can start sanding down the edges of your frame, so the paper is even and there are no jagged edges.
                    When you are finished, Cover in a coat of clear protective spray.


And there you have it! Easy Scrapbook paper picture frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment