- I had some random motivation hit me this morning while drinking my coffee, which is surprising because usually in the mornings I'm a zombie. Minus all the brain eating nastiness.
I decided to try a recipe I saw for donuts that you make out of a can of biscuits. That's right... I said can of biscuits! This recipe is super easy, so it was totally up my alley. Here ya go.
Things you will need:
- 1 can of biscuits, you can use any kind except the kind with flaky layers it won't cook right.
- Vegetable oil
- Pour oil in a pan to heat up
- Start cutting your donuts. I used the top of a soda bottle to cut out the middle.
- The oil should be hot enough to cook with by now, use one of the donut middles to test the oil, if the oil bubbles up around the donut hole it's ready.
- Drop donuts one at a time into the oil, cook until golden brown. They should take 1-2 minutes to cook on each side.
- When done, remove from oil and place onto a plate with paper towels, allow to cool enough to handle.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Melt butter in a another bowl in the microwave.
- Dip donut into melted butter, then dip into the cinnamon and sugar on both sides.
These came out delicious. Really light and fluffy, my family loved them!