Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Easy slow cooker classic chili

It's September! That means fall, football, and hopefully cooler temperatures. While it's still 90 degrees here, I made chili tonight anyways for the first game of the regular season. I don't like beans in my chili, so I loaded it with other veggies instead. This is my go to recipe when I'm just wanting a classic chili with just a little kick of heat. 


Recipe serves 4

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 small onion, chopped
Two 8 oz cans tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 can rotel
1/2 c water
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
green onions
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream

Directions
Brown ground beef in a pan until pink is gone
Drain the fat from the beef
Add beef to crock pot 
Add corn, onion, bell pepper, and rotel
Add tomato sauce and tomato paste
Add 1/2 c of water, stir together if chili looks to thick you can add more water
Add pepper, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and pepper flakes
If you want a spicier chili feel free to add more chili powder and pepper flakes
Cook on low for at least 2 hours, I find the longer you let it sit the more tender the beef gets.
When it's finished top with cheese, sour cream, green onion

No comments:

Post a Comment