Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hot wings

I was really in the mood for some chicken wings tonight. Really bad. Unfortunately the closest Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings is about 30 minutes away. So I had to come up with something that was cheap, that I could do myself at home, this is what I came up with. I bought a bag of already cut party wings from the store, they run about 10 dollars a bag.


Recipe makes about 20 wings

Ingredients
Chicken wings
1 stick butter
1 bottle hot sauce of your choice
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Directions
Preheat oven to 375
To start off bring a pot of water to a boil, add chicken this helps get rid of some of the fat.
Bring back to boil and cook for 10 mins.
Pat wings dry
Add to a baking pan. I set mine on a rack above a foil covered pan to catch the fat, this also helps them to become crispy.
Season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Bake for 35 minutes in oven, flip them halfway through
Melt 1 stick of butter, and hot sauce in a pot (I used louisiana because it's my husband's favorite)
Add salt and pepper
Once wings are done cooking dip them in the wing sauce.
(For hotter sauce let them sit for 15 minutes)

Serve with celery and blue cheese, or ranch and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment